Friday, April 13, 2012

River Rouge Firefighter - Sentenced

Also See:
River Rouge Firefighter: Arrested for CSC of daughter



Briefs: Ex-River Rouge firefighter faces 25-38 years for child sex abuse
March 31, 2012 at 1:00 am
The Detroit News
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120331/METRO/203310338

A former River Rouge firefighter will serve at least 25 years in prison after pleading guilty Friday to charges he sexually abused his teenage daughter. Officials with the 3rd Circuit Court said the 48-year-old man from Romulus entered the plea on two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a child under 13 and three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a child 13-15, and one count of possession of child sexually abusive material. He'll be sentenced by Judge Lawrence S. Talon on April 13 to a term of 25-38 years. The man's name is not being released because The Detroit News doesn't identify victims of sexual abuse.








Ex-firefighter to get at least 25 years in sex abuse case
By Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News
March 30, 2012 at 4:07 pm
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120330/METRO01/203300451/1361/Ex-firefighter-to-get-at-least-25-years-in-sex-abuse-case

Detroit— A former River Rouge firefighter will serve at least 25 years in prison after pleading guilty Friday to allegations he sexually abused his teenage daughter.

Officials with the Third Circuit Court said the 48-year-old man from Romulus entered the plea Friday on two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a child under 13 and three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a child 13-15, and one count of possession of child sexually abusive material.

He'll be sentenced by Circuit Judge Lawrence S. Talon on April 13 to a term of 25 to 38 years in prison, court officials said.

The man's name is not being released because The Detroit News doesn't identify victims of sexual abuse.

Ronald French, the Ecorse-based attorney representing the firefighter, could not be immediately reached Friday for comment.

He previously told The News that his client had no criminal history.

The man was charged in January after prosecutors said his daughter reported in December that her father allegedly took nude photographs of her and forced her to engage in sex acts, including intercourse. The incidents are alleged to have occurred over the course of several years.

River Rouge Police and Fire Chief Jeffrey Harris declined comment Friday, but did confirm the man was a firefighter with the department for 16 years and is no longer employed with the department.

The man was remanded to Wayne County Jail pending sentencing.








DETROIT: Former firefighter pleads guilty to sexual assault of daughter
Published: Friday, March 30, 2012
By Alan Burdziak
The News Herald
http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2012/03/30/news/doc4f761f505fc1e890265037.txt

DETROIT— A former River Rouge firefighter accused of sexually assaulting his teenage daughter pleaded guilty in Wayne County Circuit Court today.

He faces between 25 and 38 years in prison. He was taken to the Wayne County Jail pending sentencing April 13.

The 48-year-old Romulus resident pleaded guilty to five counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor and one count of possession of child sexually abusive material.

He had previously waived his right to a preliminary examination of the evidence against him in 34th District Court.

The man’s daughter walked into the Romulus Police Department on Dec. 21 to report the assault. The man was arrested later that day.

The News-Herald does not publish the names of victims of sexual assault. Also to protect the girl’s identity, her age and her father’s name are not being released.

During a search of the man’s house and his work locker, detectives said they found evidence that supports the girl’s accusations. Police said they also have received video and written statements from the man admitting to some of the crimes. The man reportedly began to assault his daughter when she was 13.

He is a 16-year veteran of the River Rouge Fire Department.








ROMULUS: Firefighter accused of sexual assaulting daughter bound over for trial
Published: Friday, January 27, 2012
By Alan Burdziak
The News Herald
http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2012/01/27/news/doc4f2341e950674590431493.txt

ROMULUS — A River Rouge firefighter accused of sexually assaulting his teenage daughter was bound over to Wayne County Circuit Court on Wednesday.

He waived his right to a preliminary examination of the evidence against him. He is to be arraigned in circuit court at 9 a.m. Wednesday.

Thirty-fourth District Judge Brian Oakley ordered him to stay on a tether between court dates.

Wayne County assistant prosecuting attorney Kinga Gorzelewski asked Oakley to reinstate the man’s bond of $250,000, which he denied.

The man, 48, is a 16-year veteran of the River Rouge Fire Department. He is charged with numerous crimes, including first-degree criminal sexual conduct.

To protect the identity of the girl, The News-Herald Newspapers is not publishing the name of the suspect or the victim’s current age. Police said the man had forced the girl into sexual acts for years, beginning when she was 13.

He was arrested Dec. 21 after the girl went to the Romulus Police Department.

During a search of the man’s home and his work locker, detectives said they found evidence that supports the girl’s accusations.

Police said they also have received video and written statements from him admitting to some of the crimes.

He was suspended from his job without pay pending a termination hearing.




No comments: